Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The meaning of your communication is the response you get

"The meaning of your communication is the response you get"

I found this quote on a site devoted to metaphor. I've been reading and talking to other trainers and coaches, some of whom use NLP about the use of metaphor as a training tool. Now this excites me like a free lunch or a gift horse whose mouth is open.

The quote at the top of this post allows me to really get responsible for the communications I deliver. And I feel there is just so many levels of understanding and application in that quote that it really blows my mind. In a way, music, and to some extent drama and visual art, are metaphors for our thoughts feelings and experiences. Developing this method of training could really engage people who use visual ways of learning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home